Sunday, October 05, 2003

I just called home to ask about watermelons - earlier Laura had called them a tropical fruit but I distinctly remembered them being grown back home, but a quick google backed up Laura so I called home to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Big mistake. My mom asked me - again - if I was bringing anyone back with me for Thanksgiving. And that got me, her, and my dad all on a talk about my social life or lack thereof. They seem convinced that if I'm not dating or partying all the time, out and active constantly, I must be moping and miserable. They seem to think that I can't be happy if all I'm doing is hanging out with friends down the hall and talking for hours. They seem to think there's something wrong with spending a lot of time in front of my computer, even if there's nothing else I need to do.

As it happens, they're right. There is so much I'd rather do with myself than playing computer games and the basic course requirements for graduation. I'm so incredibly sick of spending weekend nights alone or - if I'm really lucky - talking with some girl I barely know on the porch at a party. But dammit, why do mom and dad have to keep on reminding me of it?

Fuck it. This whine has gone far enough.

No comments: