Wednesday, November 19, 2003

I'm writing this instead of writing a story for the paper. I'm sure you're all amazed.

It's pouring rain out. Makes me miss Nantes.

I found this article about Bush disturbing. There's a whole lot of debate about how good or bad he is, and a lot of it is subjective. Arguing about his stance on abortion is a matter of faith, and you really aren't going to change anyone's mind about that in a debate. Just for one example. And whether or not the Iraq thing really is complicated, it has successfully been made complicated, so it's hard to know exactly what's going on there. But this article is a red flag, a smoking gun. Bush wanted diplomatic immunity for all guards and agents in his entourage during a trip to the UK. It's like they are certain there will be trouble. If our biggest ally has such hostility to us that measures like this are necessary, then maybe, just maybe, we should ask ourselves what we've done wrong.

Oh, yeah, one more thing - WHY THE FUCK DOES THAT GUY THINK HIS PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE A LICENSE TO KILL PROTESTERS??? Tell me, if they shot someone in this country, should they be immune from prosecution? I sure as hell hope not.

No comments: