Thursday, December 11, 2003

Uh oh... it feels like my knees might be hurting tomorrow. Today my physical therapy moved up to weight training, which was quite a bit of work. Now I wish I had been more diligent and regular and stuff about doing my exercises this past week. If I don't wind up even a little bit sore tonight or tomorrow, I'll be proud and impressed.

Only eight days before I go home for Christmas. I can't wait (big surprise). Unfortunately, that means there's less than eight days before I need to write two papers, rewrite a short story, and do a take-home exam. Those, I'm not so thrilled about.

Tuesday in Uncertain Inference, the professor mentioned some sample exams he had given out to help us prepare for the final today. No one had them, so we asked him to e-mail them out. (I thought he had just imagined giving them out or something, but it turns out he gave them out the Tuesday before Thanksgiving - even if we were organized enough to be able to find it, I and apparently others weren't there that day.) Yesterday, when several of us got together to study, we noticed something odd: the day and date on the practice test were today. Not last semester or last year, but today. Did he really e-mail us the exam we were going to be taking? Well, it turned out that he did. So that one... wasn't all that hard.

However, the Applied Data Analysis was hard. Realistically, I don't think I did too bad because more than half the class was there until the last minute just like me. So I'm far from the only one who didn't finish, and the teachers grade on a curve so I will almost definitely pass. Still, though... it would have been very nice if I had got even one of the math problems right.

In a few minutes I'm off to my first meeting about what it's like to be a news editor. Cool.

No comments: