Saturday, January 24, 2004

I had a dream last night about Nantes. I think. I remember dreaming that I was happy to be back there. And I think I might have seen Marie, a hot girl and one of my host sisters. But then again, I also remember being in a house I don't exactly recognize but is pretty similar to my Grandma's house, trying to rush my mom along. We were going to be late for something.

Dammit, I wish I could remember my dreams better.

I also wish I could go back to Nantes for a semester on exchange next fall. I've been thinking of it ever since I took French 200, which was fun and got me all nostalgic. But the meter (almost a pendulum, really) is swinging back towards "not going to happen." See, at this point I only need to take 3 more classes to graduate with a major and two minors. If I go, it might be hard fitting those in (I need ENG 375 or at least 376, what if they're only offered in the fall?), but if I don't go, then I'll have a ton of free time I could do practically anything with. I'd love to learn another language, and a whole year of Spanish (or German or, hell, even Japanese) could really get me far. Or I could take a couple more programming classes - that's always a useful skill.

On the other hand, you know, maybe I'm just being too pessimistic about this. It'll be hard work - so what? I might not be able to fit in that last class I need - but what if I can?

... No. That's not the problem.

No comments: