Monday, July 05, 2004

As you can see, I have comments again. All the old ones were lost, unfortunately, since I'm doing it in a different way. When I originally took the lines out of my template, I thought it would just be for a few hours or days until I had a chance to sit down and figure out what was wrong... but that became a few months because I was so busy last semester... and in the summer I had time but it had been so long that I barely cared... and so on.

My dad downloaded Mozilla because all the pop-up ads we get drive us nuts, and that can block them. But I was finding it very hard to use, oddly enough. I'd type a URL in the search window and it would do a Google search on it instead of going to the URL, and the dimensions of the frames would be changed slightly in my blog so something in the sidebar wouldn't fit, and I'd try to make changes and they wouldn't appear when I refreshed it, and so on. I don't know if this is because I was being clumsy or we have the wrong version of Mozilla or it doesn't work so well on a Windows computer or what, but I don't like it. I miss the U of R network.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. Mozilla is the most wonderful thing that can happen to you, trust me. =P You just have to fiddle with the settings and dl-able extensions a little to get it to do what you want. Although I don't know what version you're using -- I've come to love Firefox myself. Anyway, reassurances that it works fine on Windows, and feel free to come to me for private tutoring lessons once you get back to school. *winks*
-Katye

Anonymous said...

Heh... digging into non-Microsoft, huh? Good deal. Microsoft's kung-fu is crap.

I'm glad the comments are back, too... makes it easier to be some kind of smart-aleck.

Gretchen