Monday, September 20, 2004

"The best laid plans of mice and men..."

Last week, I took my dad's advice and finally started writing stuff I needed to do down in a daily planner, to help with my procrastination and study habits and stuff. Today, I finally started following it. So, of the three items I wrote down - see the CT's faculty advisor about getting course credit for it, get a poli-sci advisor to sign off on my major form, and find someone to give me details on the Take Five program - how many did I actually accomplish?

... one. I got up around 11 this morning, 2 hours before my first class. I skipped my second class of the day to go to a Take Five information session. But Memmott, the CT's advisor, doesn't have office hours today, so I just e-mailed him to ask when we could meet. And by the time I had filled out a major form, I didn't have time to take it to a professor before that Take Five meeting.

But then, I shouldn't complain too much. I made a good start on all those items, I have several hours of productivity left in me today, and it's not like I didn't get around to them because I was playing games - it was the CT, as always. I should have got up earlier, but other than that, I've spent about half an hour of today doing anything you could call unproductive. So who cares, really, if I don't have stuff done two months in advance instead of just one?

No comments: