Monday, December 20, 2004

Jesus Christ it's cold out there. Zero degrees on a sunny afternoon in Middlebury, I don't want to imagine what it will be like in Bethel tonight.

And speaking of taking the Lord's name in vain, my parents got a video version of "Jesus Christ, Superstar" before I got back here, and I've already watched it twice. It only took me three years of hanging out with Gretchen and Kenny, but I'm starting to like musicals. It's an extremely weird staging, if that's the word - Judas in a black leather jacket? Apostles with spiky platinum blond hair? - but I like the way it tells the story, and it has some amazing songs.

I only have one Christmas present left to buy for someone. That's the best ratio I've had in my life five days before Christmas. (I say "ratio" because this year I've also bought presents for more people than usual.)

Jo's Yule party Saturday night was fun. We were going to see her mural, but she had to stay around the house to take care of her grandmother, so we didn't wind up leaving. We watched "Hellboy." My memories of it are pretty hazy, and I've never read the comic it's based on so I didn't know what to expect, but it was one weird movie. A demon gets raised by good guys, works for a secret branch of the U.S. government called the "Bureau of Paranormal Research&Defense," and fights a clockwork zombie Nazi assassin and some Cthulhu-like monsters. Call them Cthulhoid dogs. Ooo, is "cthulhoid" a word? If not, it should be.

Damn. Google finds 805 hits for "cthulhoid." Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll make sure you get to see the mural at least once before you head back to college. ;)

Jwcc