Friday, December 24, 2004

Over the past few days I've been trying to organize my comic book collection, for the first time in four years or so. But my attempt has been halted only a fraction of the way through. Not because I lost interest or had other demands on my time, but because I ran out of polybags and cardboard backings. I had underestimated the size of my collection when I bought that stuff, apparently.

My boots were getting pretty worn out, so my parents got me new ones today for Christmas. I went with the theory of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" - the soles were going so the boots themselves had to be replaced, but they were comfortable and they fit, so I got almost exactly the same style.

Had dinner at Kendra's (a friend of my parents'). Good stuff - pizza, both regular and pesto pizza, because Kendra is allergic to tomatoes. A nice, traditional Christmas Eve dinner. :) But happily, it seems that dinner tomorrow at Laurie's actually will be nice and traditional. I'm told we're abandoning that ethnic food thing we'd done the past two Christmases. It didn't bother me nearly as much as some other people, since I can eat almost anything, but at least there'll be one less thing for people to whine about. But then, maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched. Several in the family are vegetarians, including the hostesses, so I have to wonder what they're going to do about the ham and turkey I'm told we're having.

I've plugged my iPod into the computer speakers and I'm listening to "The Night Santa Went Crazy" and "Christmas at Ground Zero" right now.

No comments: