Sunday, January 30, 2005

Shit. I was working on that short story due Wednesday, and I was making good progress, at least by my standards. But once I'd finished this dream sequence at the beginning, I realized it was almost impossible to fit with the passage I'd written months ago that was part of the same story, and the general outline of the story I had in mind. So I need to either rewrite it from scratch to fit where I want the character to be, or come up with a different story idea... by Wednesday. Well, it's not as hard as I make it sound. I'd thought of two, and while neither of them was my first choice for this (um, duh), they're both viable.

Last night I stayed up extremely late talking to Kenny and Katye. Kenny was in the situation of being very drunk despite having very little to drink. I had quite a bit myself, but thanks to a combination of judicious eating and thinking deep, serious thoughts, I was stone-cold sober almost the whole time.

Me and Katye... well, things are confusing. No, that's not the right word, maybe I should say "mysterious." But for a variety of reasons... there's no pressure. "Que sera, sera," if you'll pardon my French. Et si ce que sera ne serait rien, ainsi soit-il. (Again, pardon my French, and this time I mean that in the grammatical sense - even when I was in France I'm not sure I could have got all those verb tense switches right.) I don't think I've ever been able to say that, but for several reasons which I don't feel comfortable writing in a blog that could be read by almost everyone who knows me, I don't want to say why just yet. Suffice it to say - well, forgive all the equivocation, but things are probably improving.

Edited @ 12:14 a.m. Tuesday.

No comments: