Monday, January 10, 2005

Well, I'm packing. Getting ready to go, because I'm leaving for work with my mom in the morning, where Jessica will meet me - Vergennes high school is very nearly on the way for her.

Yesterday I went snowboarding for the first time this year. It was just my dad and me. We did five runs at the Middlebury Snow Bowl (small ski area owned by Middlebury College.) It's like riding a bike, you never forget. As I said to my dad on the second run or so, I remembered how to move almost as well as ever, I just needed a little refreshing or whatever to figure out how much force to put into the different parts. By the fourth run, I had got that back too, and by then I was carving as good as ever. And then after the fifth run, we were done. Even if I wasn't too tired to keep going - did I mention I need to get back into shape? - my dad was. So we called it a day. Fun, snowboarding for the first time in a year - winter sports, great outdoors, the wind in your face as you glide down the hill... and sore ankles.

Today I walked into town (which I quickly realized was a mistake, considering the fact that I'd gone snowboarding yesterday) and stopping by the bookstore. I got a book I'd been curious about but don't actually know much about - it's recommended to fans of Terry Pratchett, so that's a good sign.

No comments: