Thursday, February 17, 2005

I woke up on my own, not needing the alarm, at 10:30. I was so cheerful at how things went at the CT last night I was whistling in the shower. I sat through "Art & Politics" - for once, I had done the reading, though, most of it - and had breakfast after that. Then I went to ITS and banged out a case study on a Supreme Court polygamy case for "Freedom and the 1st Amendment" right before class.

I was really struggling to stay awake in that, but that's nothing new. Midafternoon lecture class where participation is limited to showing up, that sort of thing. So after that I grabbed a coffee before going to the game session for the BCS experiment.

After that I went to the CT office for a bit. Still energized from this morning, I adapted that scathing rant I had written about Rob Clemm to something that would theoretically be printable. I may need to make some more changes, I don't know, but I'm on the right track. I had sushi for dinner while doing that, and I watched "Stargate SG-1" when it was on.

After that I came back to my room and... basically just hung out. Played games, listened to music, had nachos while filling out this ResLife satisfaction survey for Mike, stuff like that.

I was behind in two classes. Today I got caught up in "Freedom & the 1st Amendment." And things are relatively slow over the next few days, as far as I can remember off the top of my head, so I expect (hope) (will damn well try) to be caught up in my seminar in fiction by Wednesday. And once I've done that, things will be pretty damn cool.

At the copy desk we're still muddling by with a bunch of former editors as most of the copy staff. They do a good job, but we should really get some more people than just me whose actual job it is. It's a good thing we are. Abby was kind enough to come for a couple hours, and I sent an e-mail to my English class. At this rate, next Wednesday Colin won't have to sneak out of his job at Java City every half-hour to copy edit.

1 comment:

Cyrus said...

Thanks, I hadn't noticed. Blogger was being weird when I posted. It's fixed.