Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Ordered my class ring today. Had a moment of panic when I realized just how low on cash I was getting. But later on I remembered that I still have an untouched CD, so I'm not quite at the point of living off nothing but Ramen for the year after I graduate.

Don't know what I'm going to wind up doing after I graduate. I have some writing samples and resumés here with me, and I really need to get around to sending them to places that I might have a shot at.

Kevin (my freshman roommate, who I'm seeing a lot of these days because we're in a class together) is doing Teach for America and he's encouraging other people to. I considered it, but (even if there was still time to put together an application before the deadline Friday) teaching still isn't my thing. A few days subbing, great - fun and easy. But something more permanent, no thanks.

1 comment:

GMan said...

Whatever you do, no matter what people say, DO NOT START WORKING. I've been in your shoes, I know what you're thinking. You want money, you want to live the working life, but ignore the voices. Don't come to the dark side, stay over there where it's nice and warm...
-The Gman