Friday, June 03, 2005

The night before last I went to bed some time between 1 and 2 a.m. Nothing too unusual about that. Reading articles online, maybe talking to friends on AIM, looking stuff up... But unfortunately, I got a call from Kelly Educational Services yesterday morning asking me to come in and sub for a science teacher. Despite only getting four hours of sleep, it went very well. I don't know if I get along well with the kids or if they're that terrified of my dad (their principal) or if I've been very lucky or what, but in a month of subbing, all added together, I've only had two or three classes periods that I could really call problematic, like the type a sub expects to get every time.

It's probably my dad.

But I got another call last night. It was an automated one this time and I couldn't remember my PIN so I had to go to the Web site to figure it out. It took forever to find out that there was a job and what it was, but in the end I decided I didn't feel like going today. My dad didn't approve, but fuck it. I went to bed around 9:30 last night and I still slept until 8 a.m., I'm not hurting for money just yet, I asked and they said they could get someone else, this day at home gives me more time to devote to the job hunt...

No comments: