Thursday, June 23, 2005

You know what the problem is with being a member of the specific subset of geeks called Marvel Comics fans? When you're organizing your collection, U through Z takes up half the space. "Ultimate Fantastic Four," "Ultimate Spider-Man," "Ultimate X-Men," "The Ultimates," "Uncanny X-Men," "X-Factor," "X-Men..."

I'm putting my collection in polybags and boxes and organizing it partly just on general principles - some of these are might potentially become collector's items, they shouldn't be taking up space on my bookshelf in piles getting creased and stuff. But also because it's the first step in cleaning my room. No, not just cleaning my room, organizing my possessions. When I move out of here, whenever that is, for the first time in five years my room will be neater than it was when I came back here.

On that note, I should probably get a scrapbook or something. I'm not that good about pictures - I have two photo albums full of just the good pictures from France, but I've taken about a dozen photos in the years since then - but I'm going to find a lot of stuff lying around that I won't want to just get rid of, but doesn't have any obvious place to go.

No comments: