Saturday, July 23, 2005

Someone with a very good eye for coincidences and factoids, or else just too much time on their hands, figured out that Harry Potter is apparently two years older than me. Clever.

Now then, onto a journal entry - AAAAARRRGH. Never again will I try to make a day trip by car to and from Rochester. I don't care if what I have to do there will only take 20 minutes, I don't care if I have someone to drive in shifts with me (well, maybe that would work, since my parents made plenty of day trips to drop me off and pick me up, but never mind facts, I'm in the middle of an angry rant), I don't care if I do the whole thing after dark so the traffic is nonexistent. Yesterday I left around 8 or 8:30 a.m. and things were going great. After a couple rest stops and a couple minor wrong turns, I was 30 miles outside Rochester by 2 p.m.

I was also 30 miles outside Rochester at 3 p.m. By 5 p.m. I had progressed to 25, maybe even 20 miles outside Rochester. There was a massive holdup on the throughway - they called it "emergency construction" on the radio; I don't know if it was the result of an emergency but if traffic was backed up for 20 miles as it said, I'm sure it caused a few emergencies - and I don't think I got off the interstate and onto the detour until 6. By the time I had made a wrong turn, stopped for gas and again to stretch my legs, and went the rest of the way, it was 7 when I got out of my car on campus.

Needless to say, I couldn't stop by the bank.

Oh well, I'll just call them Monday to close my account then. And while sitting there I got to catch up with a couple friends for the first time this summer. I got my stuff, I made it home around 1:45 a.m., drowsy but alive, and my project for today is moving in. (I mean, it occurred to me while on the road that I was still prepared to move out, whether back to Rochester or up to Burlington: my suitcase was in my room, my twin bed-sized bedding was in the corner, etc. So I've got to move that out and figure out where it should go and where I want the stuff I just brought back from Rochester.)

No comments: