Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Small fucking world.

I was catching up on some posts at Jesus' General. He linked to a contest at The Raw Story which he had entered. The first contestant listed on that page was based in Bethel, Vermont. A town which is home to 1,800 to 2,000 people, a greater number of cows if you believe the t-shirts for the tourists, and not one traffic light. It's where I grew up. (And if you think that the distance from Middlebury to Bethel doesn't justify surprise in the "small world" sense, Jesus' General lives in Washington. Geographical distance notwithstanding, finding this was indeed unlikely.)

One thing jumped out at me - a question from her FAQ.
Q. Can I come visit?
A. If I'm here, sure. Make sure you read the visit page to make sure you know what you're in for.


In the next question, she elaborates to say that an open invitation to strangers online might sound dumb but she's had success and pleasant encounters. But my first thought was just, "Sure, why not? It's not like anyone would ever find her out there!"

No comments: