Friday, November 10, 2006

Quiet afternoon. Well, I can't call that unusual since there's little I need to do on most Wednesday and Friday afternoons, but today it seems more relaxed than most. Maybe because production is quieter than usual, for some reason. They aren't always boisterous and it doesn't bother me as much as some people even though they're just around the corner from my desk, but it would be impossible to not notice. Or maybe it was my work yesterday and today. I had my last story done by noon, which isn't too unusual, but I made it a point to have one story done last night instead of just leaving at 5 p.m. So today I didn't get done much earlier than usual, but it was better-paced, and therefore a more relaxed and less rushed morning. Edited because the original paragraph was so garbled in a couple places, you'd think I had written it at 2:30 a.m. instead of 2:30 p.m.

So all in all, I'm looking forward to either leaving early today. If I'm lucky, maybe even early enough for a nap. And I might follow this post with more detailed update on my life or deep thoughts on politics (non-deep thoughts: WOO HOO!) or something.

Aaargh, should have known better than to write that. It's right up there with "At least it's not raining," and "How could things get worse?" I was just told to go to the dedication of a new hospital wing. But on the plus side, at least I'm guaranteed to not get out too late this afternoon. The update will, as always, have to wait.

No comments: