Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My ex-girlfriend is a very distant relative of the president, I'm told. 11th cousins once removed or something. The relationship is through her mother, whose maiden name is Pierce (or maybe her grandmother's maiden name?), and that's also Barbara Bush's maiden name.

She never liked it even though she didn't follow politics as much as I did, and I occasionally gave her a hard time about it. But as I just read at Andrew Sullivan's blog, she can take comfort in one thing: it could be worse. I mean, at least she's not running for president.

Also, my pessimism in the previous post may have been premature.

1 comment:

Grety said...

lol! Actually, the relationship is through my dad's mom, my paternal grandmother - her maiden name (and Dad's middle) is Pierce.

*shrugs* I'm not saying that I'm proud of the connection, but it's a fun bit of trivia. I have yet to tell my boss, but I'm sure he'll get a good laugh out of it.

... just read the link... so THAT'S what I've been glimpsing on the newsflashes! That's ironically awesome.