Tuesday, September 01, 2009

So, Disney bought Marvel Comics. I might as well repost what I wrote at Matt Yglesias' blog when I first read about it: Ugh.

I was twitching when I read about it. I haven’t bought a comic in months and I don’t think of myself as a fanboy or Marvel zombie or whatever, but maybe I am after all. I enjoyed almost all the Marvel movies in the last 10 years (I never saw Electra, and Fantastic Four 2 sucked, but other than that I’d call them all watchable, including some that critics hated, and several were excellent), and I liked the X-Men: Evolution TV series, and I bought X-books and Spider-books for years, and I really, really, really don’t want to see them turned into the kind of thing you see on the Disney Channel.

If my white trash hellspawn namesake Miley ever plays Alison Blaire, I might just go postal.

More realistically, it might be no change at all. But still, I can't help worrying about that.

No comments: