Monday, April 05, 2010

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, I guess. I spent this past weekend at home, with nothing going on at all, not seeing T. or doing anything outside the house except walking to a nearby restaurant for lunch... and I was bored out of my skull.

"Bored out of my skull" is a bit of an exaggeration - it wasn't all that bad, and it was partly because I was trying to get some productive stuff done like my taxes. But then again, "nothing going on at all" is an exaggeration too - Friday night I went to a Magic tournament with Dave. (Did really well, too. Won three rounds out of four, a round being two games plus a tiebreaking third if necessary, and I probably could have done even better if I hadn't panicked at a certain point in one game. More simply put, I won seven games and lost four, which is much better than usual for me.) All in all, regardless of what I said in the previous posts, it feels like one leisurely unstructured weekend will be plenty for a while.

No comments: