Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Rally to Regain Sanity and/or Fear
10:19 a.m. Waiting for friends to join us at our place and then we'll take the metro down to the mall. T. has rice krispie treats and similar stuff for a day outside with friends. I'm wearing a t-shirt that reads "Republicans for Voldemort" and have my Halloween costume in my bag: a "V for Vendetta" Guy Fawkes disguise. Just to be ready for anything.

Liveblogging may follow. Not sure.

11:04 a.m. Metro looks very crowded, so we'll probably walk. It's less than two miles.

7:05 p.m. Obviously, liveblogging failed. When there are 100,000 or so people on the Mall, phone networks fail. Also, I'm sobering up (we went to a bar afterwards, a very nice place except for the fact that it doesn't serve food) and some of my companions have yet to do so.

No comments: