Wednesday, November 03, 2010

It figures. There are 12 House races which CNN has not called yet, and the one my girlfriend's job depends on is one of them. Being kept in suspense is annoying, but realistically this isn't all that big a deal. She has been saying since well before the election that she wants to find a new job, for personal reasons, and she has already been sending out resumes and networking, and the only difference if the election goes the wrong way is that the job hunt will be more urgent.

That's the only race that really mattered to me, really, and the employment thing is the only reason, since I don't have a very high opinion of the Congressman in question. Two months ago I moved from one safe district to another. I haven't followed local news all that closely in either district. I voted, almost party line with one exception and there was another measure on which I voted with the majority but probably for a different reason.

No comments: