Wednesday, September 28, 2022

What was I thinking?

Wordle 466 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school today yesterday. It was fine. Didn't exercise except for the physical therapy. I'll soon have to be more organized about that, doing it at specific times and stuff, but anyway. 

The usual weekly team meeting at work. It was easy enough. No direct follow-ups, but it reminded me of some stuff to get to. 

I had a little time to myself after that. T. had a dentist's appointment. By pure coincidence I had one in the afternoon as well, with a new dentist, but less than two hours before the appointment, they let me know that it would be over $300. That's after the co-pay. Apparently I got confused about whether they were covered by my insurance or not. Whoops. So I cancelled that - if they have a cancellation fee of around $50 or something, no hard feelings, and they didn't mention it anyway - and I'm now looking for another dentist. (This is the same reason I left my previous dentist. American healthcare, everyone.)

When we went to the car to get our kid, we noticed that three of our hubcaps have been stolen. I thought they looked a little funny the day before! T. had thought maybe they were just dirty, but today I looked at the car from the other side and saw that one of them was present, and that made the missing ones more obvious. So that's something else for our to-do list...

In the afternoon, while getting the kid, there was a parent group meeting at the school, the first in-person one for a wide audience in two years. (It was outdoors.) (I'm going to start calling this a PTA, even though it's not technically accurate, because using the group's actual name would de-anonymize me and describing the group every time gets cumbersome.) They served pizza, so that was our main dinner. T. is the head of a committee and it seems like some people were interested in joining, which is great, and I discussed a task I had worked on a few months ago with the secretary. Good for me. 

After that, home briefly to get the kid cleaned up and change into warm clothes. Then the nanny/babysitter came over to play with the kid for a few minutes and put her to bed, while we went to see Death Cab for Cutie. I had a chicken wrap there and T. had a burger. (I don't normally track food, but this morning I had a bigger breakfast than usual, and the pizza was a bit inadequate because we wanted to make sure there was enough for everyone, but we probably didn't need a whole second dinner... I'll try to work out today.) It was a good concert, but the title of the post is in reference to the fact that it was standing-room only. My feet still hurt. Not in a "the fasciitis was getting better and is now getting worse" way, but just sore feet in addition to fasciitis is bad enough.

No comments: