Tuesday, September 06, 2022

A winery day trip

Wordle 444 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I went grocery shopping before breakfast, to get it out of the way early. I walked to the store in lieu of jogging or other exercise. It's 1.8 miles, which is a poor substitute for jogging 3 miles, but I thought our plans for the day might include some walking so I wanted to save my energy. 

Around then I also got the seventh Mage Tower challenge and therefore the mount, a crazy magical flying book. I didn't manage it on my demon hunter, nor on the second class I put serious effort into, a hunter, but on my warrior, which was a bit disappointing because either of those classes would have unlocked a new armor set, but at this point, fuck it, who cares. I also made progress on some endgame stuff. I'm getting closer to my goals and there's still several months left in the season. I mostly feel positive about that, but I kind of wonder if I shouldn't have resubscribed for six months last time...

Breakfast was donuts and muffins fresh from the store. The morning was fairly leisurely. Then, around 10:30, we got in the car and drove to a winery near Shenandoah Valley. I had planned this outing, instead of T. We're lucky it worked out as well as it did; "planned" in this case meant just Googling wineries... At the first winery, we had lunch, had a flight of five wines, and bought three bottles. We might have gone for a nature walk there, there were trails, but it was drizzling. After that we went to another winery, had a flight of three, and bought two. While we drank, the kid read Calvin & Hobbes. Then T. suggested ice cream at a nearby town, so that was a nice snack/early dessert.

We got home around 5:30. No one really said they were hungry so we just had leftovers for dinner.

No comments: