Wednesday, March 22, 2023

No psychological or biochemical explanation needed

Wordle 641 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday was tiring, and I don't need to look for reasons like I did for the past few days.

In the morning just before taking the kid to school and T. to work I got an email from my teammate J. pointing out a couple things I had done wrong the day before. Fair enough, he's right, I was wrong, but it's never fun. He proceeded to point out related things in our Teams chat, and those weren't even my mistakes originally, I just should have fixed them when I did the first things. The day was peppered with discussions like that about random organizational stuff of no interest to anyone besides maybe him, me, and S., the third person on our team.

I've complained about him before, here and here I'm sure other places as well. He's just punctilious to a fault, and yet with people he doesn't work closely with, he's so polite it's obsequious. In hindsight some of the stuff that happened today isn't even bad, he probably thought of it as me asking for advice and him helpfully offering it, but it didn't feel that way under the circumstances. To the extent that my job has any management responsibilities, he makes me feel bad at them, both because he's thinking of things I should know/do before I do (or even after I've screwed them up) and because management logically should include making him less annoying. And yet I can't get rid of him and don't want to annoy him too much because he does far more work than the other two of us.

Also, there was no Warcraft during the day yesterday and only casual stuff in the evening because of a regularly scheduled content patch. Not a surprise, and I shouldn't let it get to me given my thinking about the game yesterday, but even so a usual fun activity was conspicuously absent. 

In the afternoon I got down my comic book boxes to sort them, in hopes of selling some boxes. Didn't make much progress yesterday but just getting them out/down is a physical effort.

T. got home in time to go with me to the kid's swimming lesson, and I jogged on the treadmill. It went OK. No noticeable flare-up of plantar fasciitis but I wouldn't say I'm cured yet. Didn't set any speed records (30 minutes, 2.85 miles) but it has been a few months. 

Dinner was fried rice from a bag. Easy.

No comments: