Tuesday, March 21, 2023

A better day or at least a better mood

Wordle 640 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

While dropping the kid off at school we had a talk about bedtime because it's been so hard lately.

Work was OK. Three meetings. The first one was just listening in, as usual. It's another team's weekly meeting. This is the team that blindsides us a lot and attending is an attempt to get heads ups. The second was brief, led by me, and productive. Yay. Although a lot of credit would go to the invitees, who are an organized team themselves. The third was brief, not led by me, and also productive. Kind of heated, in fact, although no one was mad at each other, just at people who weren't there.

Between meetings I finished another training (2 down, 3 more to go, due in about a month), sent some unrelated emails, and got that document I had procrastinated on back to the subject matter expert. Good for me. The ball is in their court now. Let's hope they can answer my many questions. 

I had a little talk with T. during the day about my mood and history of depression as a medical condition, just to make sure she was aware. I also played more Warcraft during the day than planned, but I don't think I wasted too much time there. More on this below.

Around 3 I went grocery shopping. T. thought I wouldn't have time to get home before we had to get the kid, so she met me on the way. (I still think I could have made it!) The music lesson went well.

Afterwards I took the kid to the park. Unfortunately the monkey bars were occupied by teens using them as a basketball net. (There's an actual basketball court just across the alley, but those kids could dunk between the monkey bars.) My kid and I had an uncomfortable conversation about teens and race (all of them were black). But they made space for her now and then, and a friend of hers showed up and they kept busy in other ways, and I think there may even have been a teachable moment. It kind of worked out well with T.'s meeting; the topic was upsetting when the kid overheard it, but it was sorta kinda related to the teens in the park.

Dinner was roasted cauliflower and air fryer chicken. They were both a hit.

Bedtime for the kid was better than usual. The latest thing we agreed on is, we sit with her for 15-20 minutes and then can go if needed. It worked last night. Let's see if it continues.

Warcraft

During the day I thought I'd log on briefly between productive activities to just check on end-of-week "chore"-type stuff, and maybe not play at all, but wound up getting sucked in for probably over an hour. Whoops. Still, I think I would have had time to get home from shopping if T. hadn't wanted to meet me, so it's not like a loss of control issue. In the evening I did a dungeon on my main that was a high level for me and it went well. That sort of thing is fun. Maybe not reliably fun because there are bad groups and bad dungeons, but it was fun last night. 

At this point I'm just trying to play it in fun ways when I find the time and not otherwise. If I don't get my seasonal goal (which is minor this season and logically should be flexible given all the new stuff going on, e.g. new expansion, new main), or play less than usual on certain days, it shouldn't bother me. When I put it like that, it sounds concerning that wasn't how it worked all along!

No comments: