Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Part two

Work is remarkably unremarkable (on the days when there isn't a kid around). I'm settling into a sorta-kinda-maybe management role. I don't like it. I miss writing. I'm still doing a little of that but I'm doing more speaking for the team and assigning tasks to others. On the other hand, my job has less writing these days than it used to, even for the regular technical writers, and more SharePoint management and paperwork. On the other, other hand, I'm really, really glad to have a stable, familiar, secure job these days, even if it has changed a bit.

Working from home full-time is still rough. Even after all this time we haven't set up dedicated office space. When the pod isn't here, T. and I set up our laptops on the dining room table. When it is, we set them up in the back bedroom. The back bedroom is too small to comfortably serve as an office full-time for the both of us. Even leaving it like that for one of us full-time would be pushing it. We each have carried our laptops to other rooms if we had meetings at the same time.

No comments: