Thursday, July 21, 2022

Work wasn't busy, everything else was

Wordle 397 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I biked the kid to camp. Camp is at the YMCA we used to go to for swimming class and general gym use, way back before the pandemic, but it's been a while and the best bike routes have changed. Getting there was OK. Getting back was rough. A route Google Maps recommended wasn't great.

Work was fine. I had the house to myself. Not much going on. Around the house I cleaned the kitchen. I kind of wish I had got more done than that, but it was enough.

Around 4 I went to REI to get new shoes, in hopes that it'll help with the foot problems I've been having. I thought I had gained a shoe size due to wearing them so little over the past year, but the salesman measured my feet and didn't think so, so in the end I went with the same size as before but a different brand and shape. Let's hope they work out. I also tried on cargo shorts. They had at least two styles, but they both had pockets too small for my sunglasses case. I feel like a woman looking for practical pants. 

T. met me there and then we drove to get the kid. We had 10 minutes to spare, unlike yesterday. After we got home, she got to play with her friend across the street while I cooked and T. relaxed. She took a bit of a nap, or almost did. I guess she didn't sleep well last night. 

Dinner was lobster ravioli, this quinoa recipe, and a cucumber salad. The kid ate enough of the latter two to qualify for dessert. We watched no TV due to a late call with T.'s dad. He had input to offer on our home renovation plans.

No comments: