Friday, June 24, 2022

Normal day with guests

Wordle 370 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was a weird pattern of letters.

Yesterday was a busy day at work, by the numbers, so to speak, but it didn't feel that bad. The biggest thing was the urgent short-notice template review, but most of the planning and setup of that, the actual thinking, was done the day before, so it wasn't too hard today. Because I was taking the lead on that, one of my teammates took notes at the usual Thursday meeting for me. I listened in on that and another one but mostly just went through the templates. 

Meanwhile, it was raining off and on, so the kid watched a lot of TV. T.'s mother was here but jet-lagged. My parents had made it to the campground in the suburbs late last night, so they were very slow this morning. There was a break in the rain around 1 so I went jogging then. I was in the shower when my parents arrived. We hung out for a bit. Then we asked the three grandparents to get the kid out of our hair for a while the kid to show her grandparents the cool stuff to see in the Union Market and Cosecha area. We tried to get a little more work done, both for our jobs and for school-related stuff. 

A friend of the kid came over for a playdate around 5. I made dinner while my dad made cocktails and everyone relaxed a bit. Dinner was chicken with a vermouth and caper sauce (a favorite I haven't made it in a while due to the kid's alleged vegetarianism), a new quinoa and carmelized onion recipe (pretty good), and green beans (sauteed with pine nuts, improvised but pretty good). A hit all around but I feel like there wasn't enough food. I haven't cooked for 6 people in a very long time, if ever.

No comments: