Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Taking advantage of the holiday

Wordle 563 2/6

🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Woo hoo.

Yesterday, once again, breakfast was late and light. Jet lag, plus I at least want to cut back on overeating and the usual batch of pancakes is big.

A little after noon we collected the kid's friend across the street and drove them to an ice skating rink downtown. I dropped them and T. off and looked for parking. After over half an hour I gave up on finding anything on the street and paid for a spot in a garage. T. and I read and played games on our phone while the kids skated. Around 3 the time at the skating rink expired and friend's mother took over and took them to a nearby museum. Cool. We're told they had fun.

The parking spot in the garage wound up being $24 for two hours. We really need to get the kid on her bike. Oh well, at least I got my walking in just getting to and from the spot.

On the way home T. and I went grocery shopping for a few things we couldn't find the day before. Then we called my parents to catch up. Within 5 minutes of hanging up, just as we were wondering if we could or should do something fun or useful with our time, the kid came home. Oh well.

Dinner was steak (on the grill, it was dark but warm), baked potatoes (a little underdone but edible), and a cucumber salad (which was hardly touched since the previous two things were so big). We also did the laundry, since we came home with a couple day's worth of dirty laundry and the hampers here weren't completely empty when we left.

No comments: