Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Hassles

Wordle 584 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I drove the kid to school alone because T. wasn't feeling up for it. I had the house to myself for most of the morning because she was napping. I didn't get to enjoy it much, though. I spent most of the time listening in on a meeting with the team responsible for these short-notice tasks, in hopes of preventing or getting warning of the next ones. I had minor follow-ups. Good for me for attending.

In the morning I made an appointment with the physical therapist. Then while looking up directions I got confused, because why would the doctor have referred me to the business's Virginia address when they also have DC locations? Could I move it? I've kept the appointment for now but may have it elsewhere going forward.

Our weekly team meeting is usually Tuesday but was moved to yesterday because our lead will be out today. It was busy. Lots of stuff going on. After that, listening in on an all-hands. After that I wanted to go for a walk, but first I had to deal with an issue at work, and it turned out to be more complicated than I expected/wanted. This other team has been making changes to the template of some documents we're working on for them, and at first it seemed pointless but as of discussion yesterday, maybe they have a good argument, and also we should be handling these documents differently. It's a bit complicated.

I finally got away from my computer at around 4:40 and went for a walk. Very abbreviated, just through the neighborhood with a detour by the 7/11 for milk. Far from the usual walk but it was still most of my time on my feet for the day. 

Picked up the kid at the usual time or a bit later, solo again.

Dinner was tamales and refried beans. Very easy.

This morning I woke up around 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep without making sure everything was OK. I would say I heard a noise, but I had my earplugs in. It might be more honest to say I had a minor panic attack or something? I don't know if that even makes sense, but it was the first time in 2 years I had to get out of bed to make sure the door was locked. At that point I just stayed up, so I'm a little short on sleep.

No comments: