Thursday, June 24, 2004

Wow, I was tired last night. I went to bed around 1:30 exhausted, and slept until 11 a.m. without even trying. It's weird - normally eight hours is more than enough for me.

But it's really no mystery, either. Yesterday I mowed the lawn in the afternoon. Then I biked to the garage to get my sister's car back from the routine tuneup - and had a healthy dose of terror when I tried to put my bike in the back seat and got grease all over it. Luckily, a combination of some foamy stuff the garage had, Citrasolv, Fantastik, and elbow grease got it out. It's not spotless, but you won't see it unless you know what you're looking for. After that I went to Tae Kwon Do, and they started with sparring. And when I finally got home mom and dad invited me to come to the open house at the college observatory, and I took the stairs up to the telescopes instead of the elevator. Three flights of stairs, taken two at a time after a brisk walk because it was due to close fifteen minutes after I got there. Mowing, panic, Tae Kwon Do, walk/stairclimbing. So the point is... I shouldn't be surprised that I was tired last night.

Everyone in the house is working hard today, getting ready for houseguests tonight and a trip tomorrow. Tomorrow we all leave to go up to Quebec City for this week-long family reunion.

I hope we're near a theater that's showing Spider-Man 2 when it opens on June 30.

No comments: