Tuesday, December 11, 2018

It could be worse

World of Warcraft is down for most of the day due to a patch, but then, that's just as well. Today is still busier than I'd like, considering that I have to pick up my new glasses and run various other errands and do some Christmas-related preparation, and I also have a moderately busy day working from home.

Despite all the complaining, perspective is helpful. While we were going through the chimney stuff and pink eye, a friend was dealing with the fact that her mother has brain cancer and my friend's husband has been working a fair amount of 12-hour days lately. That party where my glasses were broken? On the way back to the metro, a guy who looked homeless asked me to call 911 and proceeded to have a seizure in front of me. I was debating whether to start CPR when the ambulance showed up. It was drugs, or just alcohol, based on the EMT's familiar response to him.
 Things could have been a hell of a lot worse for us, and they've been better for the past few days than they were for the previous month. Perspective.

No comments: