Wednesday, December 05, 2018

It's been busy

For the past several months I've been wondering about ADHD or mental health issues. Over the past few days I've been thinking maybe I'm fine and it's just that I'm having a whole bunch of bad days in a row.

At work, I feel stressed even though my responsibilities don't seem too bad in an "objective" sense. There's not more going on than there's time for and everyone is reasonable about expectations. I feel bad about it because I could be doing more and getting things done faster, but my supervisors seem happy with me. Maybe I just find it difficult because it's more than I was used to, and because a big part of my job is keeping track of many different projects and organizing has never been my strong suit.

At home, I have a 3-year-old. It's rough. Beyond that? Within the past 3 weeks we've spent the night in a hotel room unexpectedly due to no heat or hot water in the house due carbon monoxide issues, I got a bit of CO poisoning, replacing the chimney liner cost $2,000, and even before we actually shut the heat off, we had no hot water for several days, probably just because the pilot light went out while poking around down there and we couldn't get it back on. Does this all sound like one big but ultimately monocausal issue? This past Sunday at a holiday party my daughter fell and broke my glasses.

When I put it like this, wanting some time to myself seems totally understandable.

No comments: