Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I don't know what to think

Today I picked up my new glasses, picked up a Christmas present that had been ordered online, did a little grocery shopping, wrapped 3 Christmas presents, did some complicated laundry, tried to shop for decorations, and moved some furniture around. That's not counting the stuff I do routinely.

It's also not counting my actual job. Today was a work from home day. Submitted 3 requests for new products, got at least 3 more moving - they were stalled, someone was waiting for input from someone else, I reminded the right people or at least tried to - edited 3 different documents, and updated I don't know how many records. That's more work than I do on some days in the office. I was busy. I honestly put in a full 8 hours if not more.

I feel like I should feel proud about getting so much done, but I don't. I feel guilty for not getting a lot of this stuff done earlier. I worry about some stuff I didn't get done. Maybe that's rational, maybe not, who knows. I kind of resent being so busy on a work from home day, although I can't articulate why. (I blame the holiday season, plus the fact that upper management has created dumb processes for us to follow, I guess?) I worry about the fact that I probably would have done much worse, if WoW had been available (it usually is available on Tuesdays, but today servers were down for a patch).

No comments: