Monday, August 01, 2005

Blogging from my first day at work. (I don't plan to make a habit of this, but it looks like I could if I wanted. I have my own computer, and while in the future I'm sure I'll have a lot more to do than I do right now, I'd still be able to take a few minutes to type something of my own. Hell, at the moment there's only two other people in the office, one of whom is upstairs, so even if being caught was remotely worth worrying about it would be pretty unlikely.)

It looks pretty good. I'll be working closely with Andrea, who puts together the foundation's annual newsletter, and I'm one of the two people who answers most of the phone calls, and besides that I'll have a lot of little things to do in terms of corresponding with member schools, program directors and stuff.

It's funny how much of a family operation it is. A woman I thought was pretty good-looking when I interviewed turns out to be the boss's step-daughter (whoops...) and I just found out that another woman I met is her mother. My three-mile commute is apparently higher than the average.

No comments: