Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Yesterday afternoon I went up to Burlington and hung out with Gretchen for a while. Just hung out, watched a little TV, showed each other some funny videos online, talked about our problems, etc. After that I went to Circuit City in Williston. Got a little lost on the way but I made it eventually. From there I went to Burlington to pick up the pants for that suit I'd got a few weeks ago - we left the pants with them to have them altered - had a light dinner, and went to that weekly game night at Quarterstaff Games. It actually went pretty badly. Half the people there were playing decks with some kind of infinite combo, so it wasn't too much fun. (I'm in no position to complain because I was too, but I never managed to complete my combo. So I was bored/frustrated for a completely different reason than the people with really powerful cards that got countered or whatever. Bah.) The night petered out around 10 p.m., but I probably would have left around then anyway, between being tired and having the computer waiting for me.

Oh yeah - Sunday I biked 16 miles. Farther than I've ever gone in my life in one day. I'm a little proud of that, but not too much - self-consciousness is a powerful motivator. Most of the time I go biking alone, but Sunday afternoon my dad and I went together, and I don't think anyone wants to be the first person to say "I've had enough, let's go back." I know I don't.

So I don't especially care about having gone that far. But what I am proud of is that I was not sore at all afterwards, only a little bit stiff. I'm in much better shape than I thought. Cool!

No comments: