Thursday, March 16, 2006

Whew. Well, yesterday was busy. I started the day with one story half-done and one story not started, and while as always there was a little bit that I could have done earlier it was mostly just because I hadn't been able to get in touch with the relevant people yet. So all in all, it's not a good way to start a deadline day.

I finally got all my stories done (there were a couple edits and/or more details needed on a couple other stories too) by 2:30 or so, so I wasn't too much over the noon deadline... but I gather that other people were behind schedule too, so I don't think I was the only cause of problems. And after all, I'm still pretty new there. I have a couple ideas on how I could improve my work style I'll ask about this morning.

Other than that... not a lot's going on. Went to Burlington on Sunday and hung out with Gretchen. I want to start going to game nights on Monday again, but there's always been something work-related. Three Mondays ago was my first day on the job and I didn't feel like going all the way up to Burlington that day, two Mondays ago I went to a town meeting, and this past Monday I went to a Bristol Elementary School board meeting.

Although maybe I should just start going to Friday Night Magic instead (a more serious event than the random game night, sanctioned by the DCI, tournament rules and everything). I didn't when I was at the foundation because I'd have to sneak out of work at least 15 minutes early to make registration and while I probably could have got away with it, I would have hated to explain that I was asking for time off, usually even leaving the place deserted, to play games. Now, however, leaving a little early on Friday evenings couldn't be easier. And in the past I might have felt guilty about skipping out on the weekly events my guild tries to organize that usually fall on Fridays, but lately my guild is kind of having trouble staying together, and as of last post I'm making an effort to cut back on World of Warcraft anyway.

No comments: