Tuesday, March 28, 2006

When asked since leaving, I've always given wishy-washy answers about how I liked the foundation, or else praised the people and dodged everything else. It was partly truth and partly prudence - don't badmouth your boss, especially in a relatively close-knit community - but was also because I had forgotten just how much I disliked the writing until I had to do something similar at the Addison Independent. The story is about how a local school has cut its dropout rate to like a third of what it was five years ago. Newsworthy, certainly, but it's just been a lot easier to do it as a reporter.

Also, I've started looking for an apartment. The key word is "started", of course, I'm just at the stage of going over the ads in the newspapers. But by the time I find a place and move into it'll probably be May, a good year after I graduated. Getting out of my parent's house will be nice.

No comments: