Saturday, March 09, 2024

Business and pleasure

Wordle 994 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Work was productive over the past week, but not in fun ways. That effort to organize our backlog has paid off in that I could get to work, or put people to work, on the oldest or most urgent tasks with more certainty about what those were. Good for me. But there were a lot of little problems about how to work on them, and whether the information we've been given is actually accurate. Twice now a certain team has told us a document was good to work on, and then after we got around to working on it and put several hours into it, told us it was irrelevant and should be retired. If that happens a third time we're talking to management. 

Also, I got a scare when I did a security training and realized I hadn't reported international travel 2 years ago. It'll probably be fine, but still, that was stressful.

Haven't been sleeping well lately. T. seems to have plateaued on CPAP progress. Also, around 2 AM on the 6th I got up to go to the bathroom and nearly fainted. Something like that has happened twice before (this was the first time, and the second time was a couple weeks ago or so). Even though I didn't literally faint the two recent times, the fact that it's a pattern is a bit scary, so I made a doctor's appointment for Friday. It was inconclusive.

Over the past week I've been playing Warcraft a little bit less than let's say 2 months ago, and casually. I've got the Mythic Battle of Dazar'alor plate set (not soloable because that's in a legacy content gray area, but still casual) and three tints of the Dragonflight season 3 tier sets on various characters, and I'll probably continue doing so over the next few weeks, but no comprehensive or challenging goals seem interesting.

Monday or Tuesday I asked for advice on Reddit about my Modern deck and got some good ideas, so Wednesday I ordered a few cards that should hopefully make my current deck better. I don't want to spend too much, but I enjoy the hobby and hopefully would enjoy it more with these changes. I also spent some time organizing my cards. About 10 years ago they were organized fairly well, but there were two problems: (1) they weren't labeled, so it was hard to figure out what that organization was, and since then I've got new cards here and there that I never sorted. So Monday I labeled everything and started sorting the unsorted stuff. Progress. 

Friday was the monthly parent/family gathering for the kid's school, and was parent's night out at the kid's gymnastics class, so that was socializing, plus a date. Fun.

No comments: