Friday, March 22, 2024

Calories in, calories out

Wordle 1,007 5/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

On 1/28, I started weighing myself daily when possible and writing it down. Simply paying attention to it had no noticeable effect. (Disappointing but not surprising.) It helped me slightly cut down on snacks or desserts, I guess, but my weight would predictably tick up after the weekend or eating out in general. Always between 171 and 180, not bad at all by American standards, but not as good as I'd like. This is related to the fact that I haven't been able to jog regularly since 2022, and the fact that biking the kid to school is far less exercise than I was used to, and I wasn't even doing that for most of the winter due to cold temperatures and the e-bike's flat tire. I just thought about my weight but did nothing about it for most of that time.

On 3/15, my weight ticked down to 171.4, the lowest since I started tracking it. That, unfortunately, was a Friday. We ate out that night as a family. The following day, we met a friend and some family of hers at a restaurant for dinner. The day after that, we had leftovers, but there were still a lot of them. Thus I started Monday a few pounds higher. But I got a taste of being in shape and it left me hungry for more. So, Tuesday, I went jogging for the first time in months. (In my defense, I'm still not over the plantar fasciitis, and I've got other kinds of exercise in the meantime.) I took it very easy to ease back in, 1.56 miles in 16:51 minutes, less than half what was standard 2 years ago, but anything is better than nothing.

Right after posting this I did some calisthenics and ran that route again, at or after the last minute before a Girl Scout's event. Let's hope I don't regret that...

No comments: