Saturday, March 30, 2024

I'm Ambivalent

Wordle 1,015 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel like I should feel worse about things than I do.

At work, we've made progress and been productive by some measures despite my executive function not being that high.

In Warcraft, that break from my main ended. About eight days ago, on a lark, I joined a group for the last boss, it went well, and I got the item that starts the legendary quest. It was long and tedious but I finished it this past Wednesday. I also worked on some new "do everything" meta-achievement, which is kind of mind-numbing but easy and has a bunch of rewards. So I played my main more than planned. Conversely, the work on the class sets for those alts hasn't gone well, and after I get the three I'm currently close to, it'll be even worse to do the ones after them, so that's daunting.

I'm reading Shada these days. I read it once, a long time ago, but it's interesting to reread now, as I'm rewatching the show with my kid and Douglas Adams is a more faint memory. 

I tried to play Modern at Friday Night Magic yesterday. I forgot my deck, of all things. I played Draft instead. It was fun enough, and good for me for trying something new, but of all the stupid mistakes to make...

I seem to be hitting a wall in terms of fitness and weight loss (not the same thing). I'm not sure that's bad; I'm already well under the American average. But I'm a lot less fit than I was right before covid, so I feel it's reasonable to try to do a bit better.

Right now I'm exhausted and in pain because we biked to the kite festival. 3.1 miles one way, with a lot of standing and running around in between.

No comments: