Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Working in CA

Wordle 928 6/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got up early yesterday and spent the morning working from home. Being the first workday of the new year, it wasn't too busy. My supervisor is on leave (sort of; she's replying to emails) and I have the impression a lot of other people are too. 

The kid came to see us in the late morning or early afternoon, saw me playing my game, and objected. I stalled to a guilty degree but eventually came and pushed her on the swing for a bit. 

In the afternoon, T. and I went for a walk. Later, the kid went to the movies with her Papa to see Wonka, so it was just me, T., and her mother around the house in the afternoon/evening. In addition to the game, I also started reading Carl Hiaasen's Skinny Dip. It's funny. The decision to pick that up rather than Starter Villain, a Christmas present from T. to me, was fraught, but if I finish it before we go, I'll be totally vindicated...

Dinner was tilapia or some other white fish, salad, and mashed potatoes. Good, and healthy, but again, a ton of food.

No comments: