Saturday, April 13, 2024

Touching Bases - Exercise

I feel like I'm getting in shape, sort of, slowly.

I kept my weight under 170 for 3 days, although it ticked up a bit after eating out last night. (Yay, Parent's Night Out at The Little Gym and therefore a date.) I've had two genuine workouts over the past week, plus generally being more active (high step count, biking the kid to school most days, running errands by bike, helping a bit with the gardening). 

All the above plus the shoe inserts and ad hoc physical therapy seem to be helping with the plantar fasciitis too. It's not completely gone, but it's not noticeably worse after exercise, and not so bad that it gets in the way of anything. If I'm worried about one thing, it's the fact that I've tried jogging very rarely so far this year. I hope to see further improvement, but it's definitely better now than it was a year or two ago.

Fitness is a process rather than an end state, all numbers are arbitrary, sustainable habits are more important than any specific details, etc. The good news is, I think I'm making those too.

No comments: