Saturday, April 06, 2024

The Money Pit; alternate title: I'm not crazy!

Wordle 1,022 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

On Thursday, as I was getting the kid ready for school, we heard a drip. More importantly, we saw it, on the floor between the living and dining room, roughly under the toilet. Uh oh, we had a leak. 

It grew over the course of the day. I called multiple plumbers until I finally found one who could come the following day. This also motivated me to reach out to lawyers about the renovation permit problems. Over dinner that night, T. remarked to me that the dripping was driving her crazy, so it must have been really bad to be around it all day. Yes! It was! Despite the serious problem, I've been relieved to find that I wasn't imagining things!

Friday, as fate would have it, the handyman was also scheduled to work on the roof. So he was working most of the day with no problems. The plumbers, on the other hand, took more than two hours to find the leak. It wasn't in the bathroom, it was in the pipe leading to the bathroom in the dining room wall. It took multiple holes in the wall to figure that out, and after all that, they couldn't fix it that day. So they're scheduled to come back Monday. Same for the handyman.

No comments: