Thursday, November 04, 2004

Holy Shit - we're out. Now that, my friends, is called living the dream.

I'd say there were two reasons for it. Well, maybe three. First of all, we had relatively little to do since we only had 5 pages and they were relatively ad-heavy. Secondly, Sandeep and I (to our shame) found out about some important stories on Monday or Tuesday but put them off until next week due to a lack of time and/or writers. So there were few last-minute stories, but if we had set our sights on high quality there would have been more.

And as I was writing this it occurred to me that there might be a third reason - almost everyone was depressed by the election results. So though more people were watching TV or arguing with Chad and Emily (our editor-in-chief and his fiancé are the only two right-wingers in the office), few were enjoying themselves, fooling around, or whatever. For my part, I know that every time I was walking to or from the office to get quotes or write something in CLARC I had my iPod on and was listening to Rage Against the Machine. And/or Eminem's "Mosh".

Anyways - it will be very nice to get a full four hours of sleep or maybe even more tonight.

No comments: