Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'm working on my term paper in the computer lab to avoid all the distractions present in my room. It's coming along nicely and I've been saving regularly. But the mouse has frozen for some reason. I can still save and stuff by hitting the keyboard shortcuts, but in order to do anything else - save to somewhere else or under a different name or upload it back to WebRFM (how I'm moving the file around) - I have to get the mouse back. To do that, I have to restart the computer. And I've been saving to the desktop. And when a computer in the ITS Center is shut down and restarted, it automatically deletes everything on the desktop.

Should I scream at the top of my lungs and put my fist through the computer monitor, or just dislocate my knee so I'm unable to go to class?

No comments: