Saturday, January 08, 2005

So I log onto AIM, and on that aim.com window that pops up the top story, with picture, is "Pitt, Aniston Separate." Off to the side, no picture or anything making it stand out except for some red lettering, there's a story titled "U.S. Nuclear Sub Runs Aground; 20 Hurt."

The inmates are running the asylum.

Yesterday I hung out with Gretchen a bit. We'd been trying to get together for a few days, but what with the weather yesterday was the first time we managed. She only had a little time, between morning chores and seeing Nick that evening, but it was fun. Movie, harrassing my pets, tickling contest, etc.

Today I went to Burlington with mom and dad. I did a little shopping I'd been meaning to do for a while, and afterwards we went to Chuck and Liz's. (Chuck is my mom's first cousin.) They were babysitting their 2-year-old grandson Aidan. (His mom Anne is my second cousin, so that makes him my second cousin once removed, right?) He's incredibly cute. This was the first time I've ever really spent any time with him - The hospital bed just days after he was born, Zoë's graduation party he partly slept through, and a visit to Anne's apartment for just half an hour or so, compared with several hours this evening, just me, him, my parents and his grandparents. Before today he didn't even know my name - he called me Zoë a couple times - but when we got up to leave he hugged me twice. So cute!

No comments: