Sunday, January 30, 2022

Good but tiring

 Wordle 225 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I don't play with hard mode on, but I often play as if that's the rule anyway. It takes me longer to get from the second guess to the third or the third to the fourth, but I think I get the answer in fewer guesses. 

Daily stuff

Yesterday we kept to ourselves well into the afternoon. Lazy weekend brunch and TV in the morning. T. spend a lot of time that day cleaning. The kid helped (or was ordered) to clean her room. I spent a little time cleaning and did the laundry. A little after noon we gave her a rapid test. It came back negative. Then I badgered her into taking a brief walk to drop off some books at a Little Free Library. There are a lot in our neighborhood. The first one only had room for 5 books or so. I couldn't persuade her to go with me to another right then, so we went back home. We went out again not too much later with T. as well. We dropped off the rest of the books at another library, went to REI briefly to look at bikes, and got a growler filled with beer at the brewery around the corner. Then home. 

Aside from trying to burn off some of the kid's energy, I'm glad I got out and about for once myself.

Musing

T. definitely does more cleaning than me. Sometimes I feel bad about this. Maybe I should feel worse. My rationale (excuse?) is that I'd be inclined to clean primarily by decluttering. I'd be happy to give or throw stuff away. If she and the kid want to keep stuff, they can take a little more responsibility for keeping it organized and out of the way. But maybe I'm making them take too much responsibility for it.

No comments: