Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Kids are tiring. Pets are tiring. Kids are pets.

 Wordle 220 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday was fine. A bit busier than usual. Definitely busier than I expected or wanted to deal with, but, eh, hopefully being busy ensures job security.

Last night I had a meeting with a parents group at my kids' school. I volunteered for a project to publicize the group. I'm not exciting about it but any progress with this group is better than nothing.

The kid slept through the night. The cat didn't. We were waked up at 2 in the morning by a horking noise. We cleaned up the vomit (on the floor, so it was easy enough) and let him out. 

This morning the kid got up when I did, which is about an hour earlier than usual. After having breakfast she got out her video camera, a Christmas present I'm not sure was advisable, and made video(s) about herself and us. I feel obligated to appreciate her creativity, and her getting experience with grownup technology stuff, and finding ways to entertain herself other than TV. Even so I can't help but missing an extra hour of sleep for her and solitude for me.

Still no resolution on upgrading our phones, unfortunately.

No comments: